The conference will be held in the the recreation house of Vilnius University called “Romuva”. It is located in Birutės al. 35, 37, 37a, Palanga (Latitude: 55.9168198 | Longitude: 21.0588305). Oral presentations and poster presentation will take place in “Romuva”. The accommodation will be provided for the participants in “Romuva” as well.
Palanga is located in the western part of Lithuania on the shore of the Baltic sea. It is the most popular resort in Lithuania which attracts not only local people but also many foreigners. Palanga is known since 12th century when it was mentioned in the historical documents.
In 13th-14th century, Palanga was the main harbor and significant trading center. Fishing was the most important craft in Palanga. At that time the town was constantly attacked by danes and swedes. It was also occupied by Teutonic orders. After the victory in the battle of Grunwald, Palanga was fully returned to the grand duchy of Lithuania. This lead to further development of Palanga as a trading center and important harbor.
The development of Palanga lasted until Great Northern War in 1701. Swedish army destroyed the harbor and blocked the entrance to the city thus finishing its prosperity. The revival of Palanga started in 1824 when count Mykolas Tiškevičius bought the city. Since that time the town started evolving as a resort.
The grandson of Mykolas Tiškevičius, Juozapas Tiškevičius, built the Tiškevičiai palace in 1897 which is the most famous buildings in Palanga nowadays. This building is now converted to the museum of amber. This museum has a significant collection of amber jewelry and some other exhibit. A wonderful botanical garden surrounds the palace. Various concerts take place in the summer evenings in this garden.
The extended information about the cultural activities can be found in the following website: http://palangatic.lt/en/culture-and-leisure/